Monday, March 21, 2011

First Day at Corcoran

Today was my first day at Corcoran. I feel like it was a whirlwind. There was so much going on and so much to learn. At the same time, there was little for me to do. It'll take me some time to get the hang of everything. At Sinai, I knew all the assistants, the extensions, the locations. Now I have to start all over. That's scary! There were moments today when I second guessed myself. There were times when I thought that maybe I should have stayed at Sinai because it was comfortable and familiar. I know that these feelings are common. I also know that you need to challenge yourself in order to grow. It'll just take time.

The people are great so far. Tresa, one of my two bosses, is amazing. She has a very calming presence. She's a firecracker and has a great sense of humor. I think it's going to be great working with her. Nora, my other boss' full time assistant, seems very nice. I think she and I will work well together. Martha and Jackie are the two girls that sit in my area. Martha does event planning and Jackie does PR. They both seem great and very sweet. I'm hoping that we become friends. Wow, that sounds dorky. There are two guys that sit in my area - Andrew and Matt (Mike?). They're fun, but they mostly do their own thing. Lastly, Ann also works in PR. She's a little bit older, but seems very nice. She reminds me a lot of Susan Alter, so I think we'll get along. I feel a bit like an outsider, though I’m sure I felt that way when I first started at Sinai. Pam, my other boss, was out today. She's obviously the one that I really need to impress, so I'll be intimidated for quite a while.

I hate this feeling of “newness”. I want to know everything and be great right away. Feeling unsure and uncomfortable is not fun. I feel like I’ll be asked a million questions and unable to answer any of them. But that’s normal, right? I just need to take it one day at a time. I’m still very nervous, but also very excited. I think (and hope and pray) that this is the start of something great.

No comments:

Post a Comment