Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Ice Cream Cake :-)

So much has happened in the past few weeks. As cliche as it sounds, it really has been a rollcoaster of emotions. I'm so excited to start my new job and I'm relieved that I won't have to worry as much about my finances. I'm also so scared because there will be much more pressure with this new job. At Sinai, I know everyone's name, extension, etc. Now it's like starting all over again.

But there there is one overall prevailing emotion - love. I have some amazing people in my life and I'm so grateful for them. When Michele called me about the job, she told me how that it was great and how happy she was for me. I told her about the details and everything and I'll always remember what she said. She said, "I'm really proud of you, Bobby". It was just the sincerety and honesty in her voice that brought me to tears. I had to fight to get the words out to respond. My dad said the same thing and it struck a chord with me as well. I'm sure it has something to deal with being gay and feeling like I need to prove something.

One of the most meaningful gestures was on Friday when I was hanging out with Antonio. I had mentioned previously that I love ice cream cake. It's quite possibly my favorite dessert. He had remembered that and surprised me with a this cake. It was so incredibly sweet in both in taste and sentiment. I am so incredibly lucky! It's an amazing feeling to be with someone who is both a best friend and partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment