Sunday, September 18, 2011

NYREI

Finally! I finally stopped procrastinating! I've been putting off starting my real estate classes for far too long. I've always used money as an excuse. I rationalized that it'd be best to start studying once I paid down my credit card or had more money in savings. That thinking works if I wanted to buy a new outfit or something that I didn't really need. But what I realized is that this online course is an investment! It's just the first step on the road to creating my empire.

I'd originally thought I'd do formal, in-person classes. I felt that they were "real" as opposed to online classes. But the more I thought about, the more I realized that online classes would be a more convenient and expedient option. As the weather cools to a chill, I'll be less motivated to trek downtown to sit in a classroom for 3 hours at a time. Plus, the online version would allow to study at the office, at home or anywhere else I get online.

So, tonight I finally bit the bullet. I paid the $440 registration fee and began my real estate education through the New York Real Estate Institute. The 75-houre course consists of 23 modules. I did the first module - introduction to real estate. It was so interesting! There were a lot of terms that I'd heard of, but never really understood. I think it'll be fun to do a few lessons a night, take notes, study. It'll just like being back in college.

Let the journey begin...

No comments:

Post a Comment