Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Field Day / Life

My elementary used to have Field Day once a year in the spring. Everyone always looked forward to it. I remember that there always used to be a big race on the field behind the school near the woods. Now I'm sure it doesn't come as a shock that I wasn't the most athletic kid. I always thought that I was special and that if I were determined enough, I could win the race. I envisioned my little legs powering me across the finish line. That never happened.

That memory has been playing over and over in my mind lately. I feel like it's a reoccurring scenario. I try and try and still don't feel like I get to the finish line. Maybe I'm not special, maybe I'm just average. Is that the worst thing in the world?

John Lennon once wrote, "When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life"

What are my goals? What will make me happy? I think 2013 will be the year to figure these things out.

No comments:

Post a Comment