Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Madonna World Tour 2012

There really is nothing like a Madonna concert. The amount of precision, coordination and preparation is amazing. I saw her in 2008 during her Sticky and Sweet Tour and loved every minute of it - I actually don't think I have even sat in the seat I paid for. She's getting ready to tour again and I instantly frantically tried to get all the information I could. Luckily, the Madonna community is pretty close-knit and I got all the details before hand.

Naturally, I was a member of her fan club until she restructured it. I'm not exactly sure what changes they made, but it only granted me the ICON Platinum Legacy membership. While that sounds great, it's one step below an ICON Lifetime Legacy membership. Those with the latter memberships were able to order their tickets at 10:00 on a specific date and those with the former memberships could order tickets at 11:00 on the same date. When I read that I thought that I might as well throw my hands in the air in defeat. I wanted the best seats! I didn't want to be in the nosebleed seats or really any seat where I'd have to look up at the video monitors. I was able to order two tickets in Section B6, Row 16. Ugh. They weren't horrible, but they certainly weren't as close as I was for Sticky and Sweet. I couldn't help but be a little disappointed.

I didn't let my less than stellar seats prevent me from seeing a golden business opportunity. I could use my ICON code to purchase two more tickets. Sure, I'd have to carry the balance on my credit card, but I'd then be able to sell them at a much higher price. Now at this point, I now had purchased 4 tickets in decent section for $360 each. Ouch! My credit card felt the burn.

I happened to mention to my boss that I was going to the show and she said that she wanted to go too. It turned out that our company has Yankee season tickets and that came with reserved seats in good sections. My boss was so nice and let me buy tickets for myself and then see if any others in the office wanted to buy tickets. I had all my codes, maps, etc spread out on my desk for the code to become active at 9:00 on a certain date. I started typing the instant it started and I was able to get 2 VIP tickets in Section A7, Row 2. That is one of the closet sections to the stage! It is a little to the left, but they are still amazing seats!! I am sooo excited! The downside? Each ticket was $600. Ouch. I'm drowning in debt - currently around $3000 in credit card debt for one concert.

After unsuccessfully being able to sell my now 4 extra tickets on Stubhub, I sent out an email blast to our company bulletin board. On the second attempt an agent emailed me and bought all 4 tickets - two for himself and two for his friends. Bam! Just like that they were gone. I paid about $1450 for all four tickets and I sold them for a total of $1900. Not a bad profit! I was so relieved to get rid of them...my poor credit card.

Now the exciting part starts! Madonna has been tweeting out pictures and little teasers from rehearsals. No one know what the themes, costumes or set-list are going to be. I can NOT wait! September 6th at Yankee Stadium will be one of the best days of my life. 60,000 seats sold out! I guess it's true - "Music makes the people come together"

No comments:

Post a Comment