Friday, May 22, 2009

The End of the Beginning...

Madonna once said on the last show of the Re-Invention Tour was the end...or the beginning, depending on how you look at it. As the fact that I now done with college has finally sunk in, I find myself coming to the same conclusion. College was just the beginning and I've reached the end of that experience. Over the past four years, I've grown and changed so much. I see myself as a completely different person. But, I don't want to focus on the past. What has happened in the past is in the past. I've made mistakes, but everything I've done has made me who I am. So, I'd like to look to the future.

I don't know who's going to be there and who isn't, but I know that I'm excited. I've got an interview with Avalere Health LLC next week in DC. I'm anxious and scared and happy and excited. I find myself experiencing all these different emotions. If I am lucky enough to get the job, I am looking forward to a new life in a bigger city with more independence. Starting my life in the real world is something that I have been looking forward to for a while. Of course, with that freedom comes more responsibility. I won't be taking three classes and working a few shifts at the bookstore. I'll have a real job with real responsibilities. I'll have to worry about paying rent (in a city with a cost of living 63% higher than where I currently live), car insurance, cell phones bills. I'll have to worry about health insurance, taxes, and all those other things that I my mom (she's a friggin' saint) has been taking care of for me for the last 22 years.

I guess this is the end of one phase of my life and the beginning of another. It's scary and exciting. I'll just try to take a page from the queen of reinvention playbook. It's another challenge and I'll have to rise and conquer it.

No comments:

Post a Comment