Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stagnation...

I was so excited for my interview in DC this week. I waited anxiously for the itinerary only to get a phone call from the same woman who did my phone interview to let me know they decided not to fill the position. Is it me or does it make sense to know if you want to hire someone before you start doing phone interviews? Maybe it's just me.

This wasn't my dream job. It was more so just a way to get my foot in the door, but I'm really disappointed. I was so excited about moving to DC, working, and being fabulous (Like SJP in Sex and the City). I don't want my life to stagnate. I want to grow and develop.

I spent the remainder of the afternoon filling out countless applications on Monster and USAJOBS. I even inquired about a few positions I saw on Craigslist and one that I just randomly emailed because the group seemed interesting.

What does it take to find a decent job these days?

UPDATE: I think all the job posting on Craigslist are scams. F my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment