Saturday, May 30, 2009

Drug of Choice

I graduated. As I continue to apply for jobs after the big let down that was Avalere, I find myself developing an addiction. I'm too classy to do drugs and too much of a lightweight to drink. No, my drug of choice is my email. In the hours following a bender of filling out numerous job applications, I find myself staring at my inbox. Waiting. At work, I check my phone at least once an hour in hopes that someone will call and say that I am their ideal candidate and want to meet me in their DC office.

I guess that is the downside of being finished with college. No more quizzes, papers or classes. With all this free time, I have nothing better to do than wait for someone to call and offer me a job. Even when I make the decision that I must turn the computer off, I just can't seem step away. I hope someone will call / email me soon to tell me they'd like to meet with me. Only then do I think will be on the road to recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment