Saturday, May 23, 2009

Lora

I accept that college is over. I accept that I'm done with undergraduate classes forever. I'm happy that's it over. I'm glad that I'm done with scantrons and essays and quizzes. It's the other part of college that I'm gonna miss.

My one roommate / best friend, Lora, is moving out in the morning. She got a great job with her boyfriend's mom at a mortgage firm in Jacksonville. I couldn't be happier for her because I know the people she'll be with and location she'll be living at will be perfect for her.However, I'm really sad. I've known her for over two years and we've gotten really close. She cracks me up on a daily basis, even if she's trying to be serious. She's always there to make dinner, watch our shows, and dance and sing around the apartment. She's just a goofy person that lets me be myself.

It's going to be hard without having her around. We've had so many good times. I know it's typical to say that you're gonna keep in contact with your high school friends and then never do. I hope it's different for college. My older sister is still friends with a few of her college friends and I really hope Lora and I stay close.

I find maintaining personal relationships pretty tiring. Therefore, if I feel that someone is worth the effort, I give it my all. There are very few people that I consistently make time for (they know who they are). Even if we don't see each other as often as we'd like, I know that the past two and a half years of my life have been so much more fun and exciting because of her.


No comments:

Post a Comment