Saturday, January 2, 2010

Ringin' in the New Year

For most of my life I've spent New Year's Eve with my family. We'd sit and watch the ball drop from Times Square. The last two years, I spent it in Radford and not doing anything special. Since this was my first New Year's Eve in New York I figured it'd be good to do something adventurous. I thought I'd just go clubbing downtown and have a good time. But, Chris messaged me and asked if I'd like to go to a party at his friend's apt in Brooklyn.

And what an adventure it was! I went up to his place since he was close to the express. We stopped at Pathmark and got chips and grapefruit juice. The lines were so long and the old man who was at the register refused to show his ID. This man was at least 70, but they wouldn't sell him the beer. OMG. Really? Anyway, we take the subway and transfer twice and then walk a few blocks.

Everything about the party was amazing! Olga and Max made such amazing food and the people where so cool. I met this girl named Alisa who was amazing. I would absolutely love to hang out with her again. There were two girls who looked the same and I kept getting their names mixed up. After discussing how I wore carpenter pants as a kid (and since I'm from the "midwest"), Yana is going to be a welder and I'm going to be a carpenter for Halloween next year. Of course it's not gonna happen, but it was still funny. Everyone was just really nice and fun and receptive.

Right before midnight, we all got glasses of champagne and watched the ball drop on TV. Of course, you're supposed to kiss someone at the stroke of midnight. All I remember was walking up to Chris and making out with him. It was nice. Then...I got sick. OMG! This is so me. Eventually, all I wanted to do was go home. This was difficult because Brooklyn seemed so far from Manhattan. After saying our goodbyes and thank yous, we left.

The ride back to the city was crazy. Chris and I were making out on the subway and on the platform while we waited for our transfer. At one point, I think his hand slid down my pants, much to the horror of an eldery straight couple. The details are still kinda hazy thanks to the vodak. It was so incredibly not and me and so hot. We met some guy who was also drunk. He told us about this great bar, but we were both done for the night. He told us how he wanted to find a nice girl. I find that everyone is looking for someone?

We get back to Chris' apartment and go to bed. We didn't have sex and I'm glad about that. I think I would have regretted it in the morning. I'm also impressed with him. It shows me that he has self-respect and standards. I was surprised because...well, I mean I look good in my underwear and I'm not used to hearing the word "no". I'm not really looking for a boyfriend right now, so I don't really see this going anywhere. But who knows? He's a nice guy. I'll just let things play out. We'll probably just be friends, but I guess we'll see.

Parties. Throwing up. Making out on the subway. Cuddling. What a way to start 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment