Saturday, September 19, 2009

Friends

There are a million things to do in New York on any given night. It's amazing! However, I don't have people with which to do those things. It's hard because the people I work with are all older and I can't really be friends with them that way I want. Katherine is friggin' hilarious and I love her, but she's 35 and has two kids. I think it'd be hard for her to go out and party with me. We're at two different points in life. Maybe I'm just making excuses.

Soman, he's a whole other story, says that I need to get a gay crew. I think he's right, but where do I start? He suggested going to gay clubs and meeting people. Um...I don't think that you go clubbing to meet your new bff. Drinking, dancing and making out - not exactly how I picture friendships blossoming. But, I do need to start somewhere.

My roommates are great! We hang out and stuff, but I can't take them to Chelsea. I'm sure they don't really want to go clubbing and seeing me drop it like it's hot. Not that they're judgmental, but I need a place or a group of people that are my own.

I really wish I could transplant all my friends from Radford. I need a Lora, Carl, Emily, Julianna, Tonise, Skeens, Meredith, etc. I need these high-caliber type people in my life in New York.

I want to have fun, but I don't want to do it alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment