Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Too Many Kanyes

So Brian forwarded this emails that someone had sent him. They called him horrible names, etc because of what he had written about the budget cuts at Radford. I can understand a meaningful, even heated, discussion about an issue. What I can't understand is why people think it's okay to attack someone's personal life. Let's get one thing straight. I am the only one who gets to yell at Brian about his life choices. And trust me, I do.

The email wasn't all about him. They called me his boy toy who was a stupid ditz. They said that he only called me when he was horny. Wow. That really pissed me off. I love how people think they know anything. No one has a clue about Brian and I's past (or maybe present) relationship. And to make me seem like some stupid slut who is just ready and waiting for him really pissed me off.

But what they said is really not the point. Brian and I know about us. I don't need to justify anything. I have absolutely no regrets (said in the voice of Madonna from the Human Nature video). My issue is why this person who was clearly mad at Brian felt the need to bring me into it.

I'm almost glad this happened. Because it taught me a valuable lesson. If you have an opinion and it does not involve you and no one really wants to hear, maybe it's best to just not say anything. There are just too many Kanyes in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment