Monday, September 7, 2009

Spasiba

I LOVE weddings! I went to Baku Palace in Brooklyn last night to go to a Russian / Jewish wedding with Erica. It was an uber short ceremony (like 10 minutes), but it was nice. The rest of the night was spent eating and drinking and dancing. The reception was gorgeous! Elegant...sexy...just what I want.

The food was amazing. Each table has about a dozen plates of food and it was all delicious. We had caviar, crab salad, lamb, roasted potatoes. They spared no expense! Another area that was top tier was the alcohol. We had at least three bottles of Absolut at our table, plus bottles of wine and cognac.

But before we had time to sit down, eat, or drink, we had to dance. We did that traditional Jewish dance where everyone moves around in a circle. Then...they put the bride and groom on chairs and lifted them up. I knew they were going to do this, but I didn't expect the DJ to grab my arm and make me help. So...there I was holding the front leg of the chair holding the bride. Um...scary. I could only concentrate on not dropping her. But, it all went well! The bride and groom kissed up in the chairs, it was really sweet.

We danced and drank and drank and drank. I drunk texted Brian like four times about how I wanted to marry him and I loved him. Someone should really have taken my phone away. Oh well, I was just being honest.

By about 12:30, I was tired and ready to go home. We still had an hour and a half subway ride. Everything was going well until we got on the subway. All the rocking back and forth did little to settle my stomach (filled with vodka, caviar and sooo much fresh fruit). We had to get off at Cortelyou so I could throw up in a trash can. How sanitary. Me...hugging a subway trash can in my fancy suit. Ah classy! Ah well, shit happens.

It was such a fun evening. Sure, almost everything was in Russian. Sure, I almost throw up on the subway. But, I'm beginning to think that's life. This is life. These are the things that I'm gonna remember fondly. Seeing Erica was sooo much fun. It's nice to have friends that you cannot see for a long time and pick up like they never left.

No comments:

Post a Comment