Monday, December 7, 2009

Crisp Walk Through NYC

So, I was walking back to my apartment after having to walk all the way to 117th and Lenox to deposit $20 into my checking so my rent check wouldn't end up being charged to my credit card. But that's another story.

I was walking...alone...and I passed this couple walking arm in arm. OMG. Must we? I mean I'm sure it's nice to be happy and in love with someone, but is it necessary to flaunt it? Needless to say, I'm single and lonely.

I keep walking. Next are a mother and son. Really? Is this God's idea of a joke? A mother and son laughing and enjoying the crisp night air. A family to go home to would be so nice. I can only imagine them decorating their Christmas tree and opening presents on Christmas morning while mom and dad enjoy coffee and their kids' smiles.

The only redeeming part of the day was that Spencer totally got it. He and I are so alike. We both just want to meet someone nice (a guy for me and a girl for him). We just want families. It's nice to have someone who's not a NYC native who can understand how I feel.

I'm starting to understand Scrooge. He was single and in desperate need of some Zoloft.

No comments:

Post a Comment