Sunday, June 6, 2010

3rd Date / Uh Oh

Antonio and I had our third date on Friday. We have reservations at Havana Central, which is a great restaurant in Union Square. I noticed how much easier the conversations get each time we see each other. Of course, on our first date, it kinda feels like a job interview with cocktails. But this time it was very comfortable and fun.

After dinner we walked around a little (NYC is perfect for that). At dinner he had told me about an apartment he had seen on Selling New York on HGTV. The apartment had like three floors and a dome and was just amazing. It just so happened that we passed Core, the reality company selling the apartment, as we strolled down the street. We stopped and looked at the fancy, lighted monitors advertising other apartments. It's funny that I don't think $400,000 for a studio with only 738 square feet isn't that bad.

We kept walking and decided to go to Pinkberry for dessert. I started talking about something and I noticed that he was glued to his Blackberry screen. Normally I wouldn't say anything, but then he gave me an inattentive "uh huh." I jokingly pouted and was like, "you're not even paying attention." He joked and put his arm around me and kissed me and said he was trying to find the closet Pinkberry. It was all so comfortable and romantic. Then he held my hand as we walked down the street, which is really a non-issue compared to the lynch mob that would have appeared in Radford.

That's when I had my Uh Oh moment. I’m guarded and don’t usually let people in. I thought that our first date would be okay and then I’d never hear from him again. But now, we’ve gone out a several times. On our 3rd date, I was like whoa, I kinda really like him. He makes me smile and he's sweet and funny and I kiss him for hours. I find that every time we end a date, he always is anxious to set up the next one. I noticed that when I was tanning on the lawn in Central Park, I was thinking, "Wow, I wonder what he's doing and if he'd like to lay out here too". Who knows? Well, we're having dinner tonight at Sushi Samba in the Village. I'm looking no further than a delicious meal with a great guy.

1 comment:

  1. ah, too cute! Strolling in the city, dinner, and Pinkberry...so jealous, but glad you had a good time Muffin!

    ReplyDelete