Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions

It's that time of year again. It's time to make unrealistic, self-improvement goals that will be forgotten by the end of the month. I can already envision the gym being packed with newcomers who will certainly not last through spring. I'm going to the take this opportunity to make some goals for the new year. Let's hope I do better than the majority of people who make resolutions.

1) Get out of debt! This could very easily spill over into 2012. I've got about $6,600 in credit carddebt. I can already hear my mom's voice nagging in my head. It's been out of control for a while, but I've reached my limit. Literally. I mean, I am at my credit limit. No more spending for me. I want it to be more than just not spending. I want to save. I want to make better financial decisions. I want to improve my overall, financial wellbeing. Ideally, I'd like to follow Nicki Minaj's path and build an empire. Since she's still working on her's, I figure that it'll take me a while to figure out how I'm going to build mine. I've begun deducting money from my checking account automatically and depositing into an ING Direct savings account. I've also begun tracking all my debit card expenses so I can see where my money is going each month. I think these first steps are a good way to ensure that I stay on track and still vigilant through 2011.

2) Gain 15 pounds. 2010 was a transformative year for me at the gym. I really increased muscle mass and cut fat. But I want to take it even further this year. I'll keep my diet on track, drink plenty of protein shakes, and avoid hunger at all costs. I've got my workouts down and I love them. I'll still try to switch it up and maybe even get a session or two with Jimmy when I can afford it. I think I can make even bigger improvements this year. My iPod has the perfect playlist and I am so ready!

3) Personal upkeep. I'd really like to quit biting my nails. It's gross! Antonio has such smooth, clean hands. I look like they've been chewed on my sewer rats. It's just not a good impression. I'd also like to start flossing each evening (floss already purchased). These little things will make me feel and look better

4) Personal growth. This is a broad goal. I'll be starting Eckhart Tolle's A New Earth soon. I'd like to be more comfortable with myself and maybe even accept myself the way I am. I think having a positive outlook on life and spirituality would be a good step in the right direction. This resolution is big picture and I know it'll take time. But every journey begins with a single step.

So there you have it. Four goals for 2011! Some will be more challenging and some will just take some patience. But I think I've got the tools to make all my resolutions stick this year. With a little determination and will power, I'll transform all aspects of my life - bank account, body and mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment