Sunday, January 2, 2011

NYE in NYC

I spent my second New Year's Eve in Manhattan and this one was much better than last year. Last year, I got drunk at a party in Brooklyn and ended up making out with an acquaintance. This year, I spent it drinking champagne and kissing my wonderful boyfriend. It may have been less eventful, but it was much more enjoyable.

We watched Carson Daly's coverage of the mayhem in Times Square. I'll be honest, though, it did seem like the people were having fun. Luckily for them, the weather was much warmer than last year. We then switched briefly to Andy Cohen's New Year's Eve party on Bravo. It was funny, but something that didn't need to be seen live so we DVRed it for later.

One of the highlights of the evening was Nicki Minaj's performance on a rooftop on 5th Avenue. She did Moment 4 Life and she killed it! I absolutely loved her outfit and performance. We had to take pictures with her. And by her, I mean her image on the TV screen. We were also able to get some pictures with various housewives and our celeb crush, Andy Cohen.

We took lots of goofy pictures in hats and silly glasses. I loved my outfit - tight, dark jeans and my new Banana Republic shirt. It's my go-to outfit! We had a great time! It made me realize that it's not where you go, but who you're with. I wasn't at a crazy party or crowded bar. I was with the guy I love and that's the best way to start the new year. And the night ended with me wearing only a smile and my New Year's hat ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment