Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Week

I finished my first week at work. I really enjoy it. It's a challenge, but I think it forces me to be better than I think I can. It forces me to not accept mediocrity.

I think the only part that is not working is the commute. I get up at 4:30, catch the train at 6:14, get to Penn Station at 7:15, ride the subway, and make it to work a little after 8:00, which is still almost an hour before I need to be there.

I figure it's good to be early so my boss can see that I am working hard and willing to go above and beyond. My boss is a really nice guy. He has high expectations, but he has a lot of responsibilities and he needs someone to keep him organized. It's very NOT Miranda Priestly from The Devil Wears Prada. The rest of the people in the office are nice and I think I'm starting to charm them with my humor.

There was one moment that kind of reminded me of The Devil Wears Prada. I was charged with the job of finding 500 milligrams to 1 gram of L- and R+ Baclofen to use in a human, clinical trail. What? Where am I gonna find that? But, search I did. And, as of 3:30 yesterday, I may have found a drug company that is willing to make the drug. It reminded me of the scene where Andie had to find two copies of the unpublished Harry Potter manuscript for Miranda's twin daughters.

I thought I was used to my new schedule, but then I slept until 1:30 this afternoon. I guess I'm not as used to my new sleep routine as I thought. Ah well, I think it's time to hit craigslist and see what apartments are out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment