Thursday, August 27, 2009

The Circus Starring Britney Spears

I very rarely acting spontaneously. I like structure and a plan. But, when I saw that there were still good seats for Britney's concert at Madison Square Garden, I just had to jump at the opportunity. I could give a long play by play of the entire concert, but it's not really necessary. I don't remember every detail, but I do remember the overall experience. These are some of the highlights:


1) Sex - the entire show was about sex. The songs - If U Seek Amy, Get Naked (I Got a Plan), Breathe on Me, Touch of my Hand, Freakshow - were all so sexual and suggestive. I LOVED it! She did an interlude mash-up of Marilyn Manson's cover of Sweet Dreams and a version of her own. Everyone was making out and grinding, but it was dark and sexy. It may have been called The Circus, but it certainly was not for children of all age.


2) Me Against the Music (Bollywood Remix) - This was an amazing performance. The costumes were stunning and the choreography was on point. I was kinda nervous that she wouldn't move the way used to, but this song proved me wrong. She came right over to our section and was sooo close.


3) Her Body - Now as a gay man, I can't fully appreciate a woman's body, but her's was HOT. She was in great shape and she looked beautiful. She looked (and this is gonna sound corny), but she looked like an angel. She was just so pretty. I know the tabloids make her look ugly without makeup, but last night she was stunning. Another thing I noticed was that she seemed to be having a good time. Who knows? Maybe she was bored out of her mind, but her smile (which I was close enough to see) seemed genuine.


4) FUN!! - That's what I remember the most. I remember shaking my ass to Piece of Me and Radar. I remember being in awe for Touch of My Hand and Everytime. I remember not being able to believe my eyes for a the acrobatics. The setlist was perfect -a great mix of the old and the new. She may not be the best singer, but she is a great entertainer! I was having fun from start to finish!

No, it wasn't as good as the Sticky and Sweet Tour. But, I didn't expect it to be. Madonna is the Queen and always will be. However, The Circus Starring Britney Spears was something that Brintey can look back on and be proud. If this is Britney's comeback, I can NOT wait to listen to her next album and get floor seats for her next tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment