Saturday, October 31, 2009

Clerkship Coordinator

When I see a good idea, I jump on it. Recently Katherine found out that she couldn't work with both the residents and the medical students. The residency programs needs someone full time, so she had to drop the medical students and when she did I was more than willing to pick them up.

After careful consideration and talking with Dr. Sealfon, we agreed to give the medical students to me. I'm the new Clerkship Coordinator. This is such a great opportunity. It will look great on my resume and it allows me to explore Sinai and take on more responsibility. Unfortunately, they can't increase my salary just yet, but we're gonna renegotiate that after I've proven that I can handle both positions (Executive Assistant and Clerkship Coordinator).

I'm pretty excited! I've already started working with the students - doing evaluations and stuff. It's a lot of organization and stuff to learn, but I think it'll be fun. The only thing is that I'm pretty nervous. I can't fuck anything up.

As Katherine put it, "If you fuck this up, I will fuck YOU up."

No comments:

Post a Comment