Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Aphrodite

I love albums that leave an impact. I like hearing a song and having a strong reaction. I've been in New York for a year and there have been several albums that I've bought. Mariah's Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel is one of my all-time favorite albums. I also love Rihanna's Rated R. It's gritty and angry and sexy and edgy - it's an amazing album. I've also picked up Christina Aguilera's Bionic, which is still on the fence with me. It's got some great tracks, but I'm not sure about its staying power.

The most recent addition to my list of memorable, NYC, soundtrack to my life albums is Kylie Minogue's Aphrodite. I've been a huge Kylie fan ever since X came out a few years ago. I've been waiting for this album for so long and I've been uber excited for its release since the video premiered for the first single, All the Lovers.

The album is amazing from start to finish - it's quintessential pop perfection. With Stuart Price at the helm, you should expect nothing less than a masterpiece (he also produced Madonna's Confessions on a Dance Floor). Get Outta My Way and Aphrodite are amazing, sassy dance tracks that are perfect for the gym. Closer, Illusion, and Everything is Beautiful are smooth, icy songs with pulsating beats. Then there are those romantic songs, Cupid Boy, Too Much, Can't Beat the Feeling, that make me dance around the apt in my boxer briefs while thinking of Antonio.

It's one of those albums that I think I'll be able to start to in a year and still love. It's been on repeat for the past few weeks. If you haven't bought it, buy it. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment