Thursday, December 30, 2010

Meeting the Family

I love Antonio. I love my family. It was only a matter of time before they met. Last night was that night! For all intents and purposes, Michele and Kasey are my most immediate family. I see them the most of all my family. Michele suggested that Antonio and I join them and Ashley and Brian for dinner after Christmas. We met last night, our seven month anniversary, at Supper on 2nd and Avenue A.

I was so nervous! I thought we'd run out of things to talk about. I was worried they wouldn't click. I stressed about having enough cash for dinner (which I never do). But things went very well! We had a great time, the food was great and there wasn't a lull in the conversation.

Of course, I realize that we were in a trendy New York restaurant. Everyone was polished and proper. Let's see if he runs away when we're on the couch in Pennsylvania with two dogs, arguments at dinner, inappropriate jokes and everyone's in the pajamas. That'll be the real test :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment