Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brunch with Chuck Bass

Yes! You read that correctly! Antonio and I had brunch with Chuck at Bubby's in TriBeCa. But let's back up to see how the entire story unfolded.

It also started with an unusually exciting ride on the 1 train. We were heading downtown on the local when the train unexpectedly came to a screeching halt. Antonio had to do a Matrix-esque move to keep from crushing this small Russian boy. The doors even came open a little bit while we were still moving. And now I'm thinking we're in a combination of Speed and Taking of Pelham 123. The conductor comes on and tells us that the emergency brake was activated and that they had to investigate the problem. Now, luckily, they decided to drag the train to the next station after being unable to fix it after trying for 15 minutes. Needless to say, we walked one we made it to Houston.

We waited for about 45 minutes for our table at Bubby's, but it was so worth it. The restaurant has a distinct country feeling. Everything had a very down home feeling and I loved it. It was the hot spot...oh, if we had only known. The couple next to us gets up to leave about 10 minutes after we sit down. I'm glancing over the menu and talking. The hostess seats the next guests. I didn't really pay attention until I happen to look up. OMFG! Chuck Bass is sitting less than six inches away from me. It was like I literally saw a ghost. I couldn't move. I couldn't speak. I had to pull up a picture from Google because Antonio doesn't watch Gossip Girl, but he jumped on board really quickly. Our romantic Valentine's Day brunch was over. I couldn't concentrate for a good ten minutes, though I think I was able to pull it together. That was until the climax of the brunch. Chuck Bass (real name - Ed Westwick) leans over to us and asks for our ketchup. And...I...died. It was like a race to see who could hand it to him quicker. I snatched it up really quickly and handed it to him.

The rest of the meal was uneventful. He looked gorgeous! Stunning! Flawless! Without makeup or high-priced lighting, he was still so sexy. But then he and his no-name (blah) friend left and we finished our meal. It was such a surreal experience. But, then I got to thinking about all the things that had to happen for us to be in that exact spot at the moment. Imagine! If Antonio hadn't been twenty minutes late getting ready we would have left much earlier. If the train hadn't been delayed, we would have been seated earlier and at a different table. There were so many minor details that all add up to this amazing story. It absolutely makes me believe in fate. Everything happens for a reason!

And that was my casual, Valentine's Day brunch with Antonio and Chuck Bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment