Monday, February 14, 2011

Love Is In The Air

I'll admit that I was really excited for Valentine's Day. This is the first year that I've really been in love and able to celebrate it. We already know how our romantic, Sunday brunch went. I would like to break today down into two parts - platonic love and romantic love.

The first part took place throughout the day at work. I thought it'd be cute to get Barbie Valentine's Day cards to give to some of the ladies in our department. I got the little cards with lollipops - the kind you give out in elementary school. It was a cute and funny way to let some of the staff know that I really care about them. Most of the people thought they were funny or cute, but a few people really took them to heart. Yvette really though it was sweet and she put it on her desk. I noticed that she still had my Christmas card on her shelf. Susan Shin gave me a kiss on the cheek and gave me a hug. The best reaction was Josephine's. I didn't want Elise and Maria to know that I didn't have any for them so I gestured to be quiet and gave it to her. She jumped up and gave me a hug and then took me into her doctor's office. She told me how her and her doctor worked together for 18 years and then he yelled at her on Friday like he had never done before. She said it was completely uncalle for. She told me that this valentine was exactly what she needed. I almost sense tears welling up behind her eyes. I could tell that it really touched her. Now I totally understand why Oprah loves giving! It is one of the best feelings in the world. Seeing their smiles was the best $3.99 I ever spent.

All the cute valentines at work were very platonic. My date with Antonio this evening was not. We both dressed up and went to a nice sushi restaurant in Chelsea. It was nice to go on a date. We usually hang out and are very comfortable. It's nice to get out and do something every one in a while. I felt so good that I was able to treat for once. Drinks? Of course, more drinks! Appetizers? Absolutely! It was nice to be able to take care of him for once. I know he probably couldn't care less who paid for dinner, but it meant a lot to me. After dinner, we managed to make our way back to his apartment through our two drink haze. We split a cupcake, ate chocolate covered strawberries and drank champagne. He got me a wonderful card and some really sweet (literally) gifts - some treats and M&Ms with out names on it. I don't know what was up with me today but I was so mushy. I felt tears coming on throughout the evening. I'm just so blessed to have found such a wonderful guy.

I am so in love and so in love with this holiday! It was a perfect day. I couldn't have asked for a better start to my week.

No comments:

Post a Comment