Sunday, February 13, 2011

Gym Rat: Then and Now

For a while I felt my workouts were stagnating. I'd enjoy going to the gym, but I was never sore. Then my friend Joey told me that I should alternate muscle groups (i.e. do chest and glutes, biceps and calves and hamstrings). At first I thought it was confusing and pointless. I didn't like the idea of running all over the gym to work isolated muscle groups. But, I thought I'd give it a try.

It was amazing and I haven't looked back! I find that I don't get as tired because I'll do a set for one muscle and then a completely different one. I get tougher workouts on targeted muscles rather than broad workouts for related groups (upper body, lower body, etc). I still take protein shakes, but I've given up on pre-workout supplements. They killed my stomach and, as the pictures demonstrate, I don't really need them.

I feel like I'm really hitting my stride. But I also worry because even though I'm climbing steadily, the next plateau can't be too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment