Sunday, March 21, 2010

Fresh Air

When I was growing up I loved being indoors. I would have much rather watched tv or played N64 than go outside and play sports. Then as I got older and I had to start cutting the grass (and at four acres it's a pretty big job), I started to really dislike being outside. The final straw was when I worked with my dad at the beach. The sand whipping up from the weedwacker, the hard yard cleanups, and the hot sweaty sun was what solidified my hatred for the great outdoors.

It's ironic that my perspective has changed so much, but shouldn't come as a shock. I work in an office for at least eight hours a day. The air is recycled and dry. The walls are the all the same "Sinai White." The computer screen produces an eye-straining glare. I was shocked at how refreshing it was when Katherine and I took our lunch to Central Park for the first time.

Just breathing fresh air feels amazing. Being exposed to the warm sun makes me happy. We'll just sit right inside the entrance off 5th Avenue. We'll watch the people walking their dogs or pushing strollers. We'll see kids playing in the fields and people jogging or riding bikes.

Now as 5:00 gets closer and closer, I feel myself getting antsy. I can see the beautiful sky from the huge windows behind my desk and I just want to get outside. Walking down the street or through the park is so refreshing and relaxing. This, is my favorite time of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment