Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Stupid People at the Gym

My biggest pet peeve is...stupid people at the gym! When I go to the gym, I go get an intense workout. I like to sweat and push myself until I literally can't push any further. I spend a lot of time that the gym, but I like to be efficient. I cannot stand people who just putz around and waste their time and mine. I've noticed that there are people who waste their time and then there are people that waste my time.

Of course, wasting my time is more annoying than watching them wandering like lost puppies. If you aren't using a machine, MOVE! I know it's hard to imagine that someone else might want to use the machine that you are using as your own personal recliner. These are the people that really get under my skin. I got shit to do and don't have time to dilly dally.

The other type of people, the lost sheep of the gym are almost as obnoxious as the first group. I see groups of fat women who sit on the machines and talk. Um...I'm not sure, but I think you have to actually exert a little effort in order to consider it a workout. I also sometimes see people who sit and talk on their cell phones. Are you really that important that you can't take 30-60 minutes out of your busy schedule to work out? Unless you’re Mayor Bloomberg or Perez Hilton, you can take a break and leave the cell phone in a locker.

And the MOST annoying people at the gym are the couples who make out! WTF! WTF (yes, it needs to be said twice). I see this same couple - fat chick and feminine guy who probably realize he's gay - and they are constantly just hanging out kissing each other. OMG! Get a friggin' room and move! I was waiting tonight for at least 15 minutes for this "couple" to move from the Abs chair. The guy would do 15 reps and then sit and caress her hair and kiss her and rub noses like Eskimos.

A gym is a place to work out! That's it! It's not a lounge, a phone booth or a suitable place for date. Go big or go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment