Thursday, December 2, 2010

Food Punctuation

I don't get it. Usually, people try to lose weight and get discouraged when the scale tells another story. Most are even sad when the needle on the scale doesn't move at all. I have the exact opposite problem. I went to the MS Center on Tuesday, as I do every Tuesday, and weighed myself. I lost a pound from the previous week. It doesn't seem like that big of a deal, but it's really frustrating when I'm trying to pack on muscle. The worst part is that I eat all the time. I really don't think it'd be possible for me to eat more than I do.

But, obviously that what I need to do. I went grocery shopping today for the essentials. What I found was an early Christmas miracle! Lean Pockets were on sale for $2.00 a box. They pack a punch - just enough calories and not too many grams of fat. They are amazing and the fact that they are so cheap only sweetens the deal. Imagine my astonishment when I saw that Banquet, individual pot pies are $1.00. I think I literally said, "Shut up" to myself in the freezer section. They have a bit more saturated fat and that did make me pause, but I gave in. Eating healthy, adult meals isn't cutting it. This may just do the trick, though I know that I will need to step up abs so that I don't lose the cut.

These amazing deals won't become my new diet, but rather punctuate it. I'll still have pasta, pork, or chicken for dinner along with black beans, rice, or veggies. Now, I'm going to just add these tiny meals to it. Everyone's heard of after dinner mints. Well, this will be my after dinner dinner. Hopefully, punctuating my meals with another, frozen meal will add an exclamation mark to my next weekly weigh in.

No comments:

Post a Comment