Thursday, April 22, 2010

Rudeboy

I was one of the first people to jump on board Rihanna's new sound. When everyone was complaining that her album, Rated R, was going to be a dud, I was rocking out to it. One of my favorite songs on the album was, and still is, Rudeboy. It's a fun, dirty, kinky song about, what else, sex!

Now don't get me wrong, I am right there with her. Can you get it up? Is it big enough? These are very important questions! But here comes the problem. My little sister called me three times on my cell phone the other day at work. I ignored the calls and waited for her voicemail. She asked me if she could buy Rudeboy on iTunes for a "school project". Of course, I instantly called me mom and asked her if she knew what her daughter was listening to. She told me that she already told Renee that she can't listen to that song.

Being a parent these days is practically. Katherine asked me what the odds were that she hasn't already heard that song. And she's right - I'm sure Renee has heard the song. But that raises so many questions...disturbing questions. I hope and pray that she doesn't know what Rihanna means when she asks if he can get it up and if it's big enough. When I was twelve I listened to Cathy's Clown, And Still and other great Reba McEntire classics. My little sister is twelve and she listens to Bad Romance, Rudeboy and Lean Like a Cholo (I've never heard that song, nor do I know what a cholo is).

Oh how times have changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment