Friday, April 9, 2010

Sticky and Sweet

I can see with certainty that seeing the Sticky and Sweet tour from the 14th row from the stage and 8 seats from the end of the runway was probably the best moment of my life. The songs, costumes, choreography and energy were all intoxicating. I remember not sitting down for the entire two and a half hour show. I was screaming and dancing and jumping and down. It was electric.

I was somewhat disappointed with the release of the Sticky and Sweet Tour DVD. It's amazing, don't get me wrong, but it fails to capture the energy and excitement of the live show. Is this Madonna's fault? No, of course not. I think it would be impossible to recreate in someone's living room the feeling of being in the same venue as the Queen of Pop and 15,000 fans.

I now regret not seeing The Confessions Tour because I can only imagine orgasmic that show would have been live. Oh well, there's always the next tour, which is supposed to take place in 2011. Until then, I'll have to be satiated with the pics and memories of that amazing night in November 2008 because the CD/DVD just doesn't do that amazing show justice.

No comments:

Post a Comment