Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Kristen and PJ

I rarely go out. And this past Friday was a reminder of why I need to wake up and go out more often. My friend and former QA, Kristen, and her boyfriend, PJ, ventured on the Megabus for a fun weekend in NYC. They had plans with lots of people, but spent Friday night with me. There were so moments that are ridiculous and hilarious and memorable all at the same time. Here are some of my faves:

1) Remembering our lines from the Quest play at a dive bar that we're pretty sure catered to lesbians. "Don't be a Fokie - a fake Hokie - take off the Tech gear"

2) Seeing PJ get his ear licked by the gay bartender as Splash. Though, to be honest, I didn't see it and didn't know why Kristen was laughing so hard.

3) Dancing with an old lady who was pretty into me AND dancing with some guy who kept feeling my abs and trying to his finger...let's just say somewhere it doesn't belong without first buying me something shiny and expensive.

4) Begging our cab driver to pretend we were on the cash cab. It doesn't get better than trying to answer questions from and Indian with an uber thick accent. It only got better when Kristen drunk dialed her sister as her "mobile shout out".

5) Me making a case in the elevator as to why there should be stores open 24 hours a day that sell bread and cheese so that grilled cheese can be made at any hour. I'm sure the other people in my building were loving it.

6) Kristen trying to do pull-ups at 3:00 before passing out on my dilapidated air mattress - sorry guys :-(

7) Waking up and walking into the bathroom only to hear a tapping at the door and having Kirsten walk in because she, very calmly and matter of factly, decides that she needs to throw up.

8) The general, over consumption of drinks with names that don't really correlate - tic-tac’s, screwdriver, kamikazes. Really...who's naming these delicious drinks?

9) Catching up and reliving some great memories of the good ole days at Radford.

10) Learning that Kristen reads my blog and then summarizes them for PJ. It's kind of hard to write about my weekend with them and to know that they'll read it later. What do you think guys? Did I capture the essence of last Friday, which I would describe as crazy, comical and uber fun?

No comments:

Post a Comment