Thursday, November 18, 2010

Staying Put

It seems like I'm going to be sticking it out on the Upper East Side. The plan was for me to move out, but it seems like Spencer either doesn't care or doesn't feel like putting in the effort to find someone to take my place. The situation has gotten a little bit better - platitudes and greetings. Eh, it's a step. I think that I had a good plan in moving back to New Jersey, but liked it less and less the more I thought about it.

Why should I have to move? The whole situation (without beating a dead horse) was his fault. I found the apartment, scheduled the viewings, arranged to sign the leases, dropped off the paperwork. He would never have even found this apartment without me. Those are logistics and I was happy to find a place for us, but it's more than that.

I love walking to the bus stop in the morning. I like passing little shops and looking in the windows. I like the Upper East Side. I've worked hard to get where I am. Why should I be the one to leave? I shouldn't. I deserve to live here and I am going to stand up (though it doesn't seem to be an issue at the moment) and assert that I have every right to be here. Plus moving is such a bitch.

The financial ramifications will be tricky. It would have been nice to pay off some debt and have a little more breathing room. But it's not as though I'm sinking. I can pay bills (with a little budgeting). I'll just need to watch my spending and hope that Dr. Goldstein comes through. There's always the potential opportunity with Reshma. We'll see what happens. But for the meantime, I'm staying put.

No comments:

Post a Comment