Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Moving On...

It's funny. There are people that you meet in college that you really make an effort to remain close with after graduation. I definitely have found some people like that. But, I've also found that there are people that I was close with during college that I cannot seem to get away from fast enough.

I don't really understand how or why things change, but the tension is palpable. Ever since Lora moved to Florida, I find myself walking on eggshells and barricading myself in my room. Why do friends drift apart? More importantly, how do you know if a friendship is worth salvaging? Will I look back when I'm older and regret the choices I'm making right now? Does talking ever really fix anything?

Or, does it simply place a band-aid over the real problem? I feel like I've had the same conversation over and over. It's a repetitive cycle - become annoyed, become distant, get text about it, talk about it, cry, become friends again, and then start the cycle all over again.

Sometimes I just want to get in the car (with Radar in the passenger seat) and go. Find a nice job, a decent apartment, and just start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment