Monday, June 8, 2009

Oh Grow Up

Everyone has guilty pleasures. For some it's chocolate. For other's it's shoes. For me, it's reality TV...well, it used to be. With most of my favorite reality shows over the summer (The Hills, The Amazing Race, etc), I'm trying to fill the void in my TV schedule. I decided to give Kendra, the former Playboy Bunny's new reality show, a try. It was absolutely terrible!

I knew that I shouldn't have expected much, but it was embarrassing. Maybe it's because I've been taking care of myself for about two years now, but it was embarrassing watching her. She was living on her own for the first time in her life. She didn't know how to cook or clean. She didn't know that all the furniture that was in the house when she toured it wouldn't be there when she moved in. She had a house warming party where she and all her friends did shots and spun on a stripper pole. Yes, this is a woman who is ready to own a home and get married (she's engaged to a player from the Philadelphia Eagles).

I think in times when regular people are losing their jobs and struggling to pay their bills, shows like Kendra are gonna be a joke. Why would someone who is trying to simply get by watch a TV show about a girl who has soooo much money for taking her clothes off? It's not fair (though I know life never is) that she can be so dumb and so loose and still have a big house and expensive clothes, and people that work hard are stuck eating PB&J and living day to day.

No comments:

Post a Comment