Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Marriage Ref w/ Madonna

The whole thing started three weeks ago. While aimlessly reading rumors and gossip on a Madonna fan site, I stumbled across an article about Madonna being on a taping of Jerry Seinfeld's new show, The Marriage Ref. Usually, I'd just pass by it and wait for it to be on TV. The article said that Madonna's platinum ICON members (Of course, I'm a platinum member) get first dibs on the tickets. I instantly applied and a few hours later received confirmation that I had a ticket. Wow. I was ecstatic. They advised people to not travel far for this because the taping could be delayed, cancelled, or a guest may be unable to attend a taping. But, since it tapes at 57th and 10th and I planned on leaving from work at 101st and Madison, I figured I handle the short subway trek.

I arrived at the studio around 2:45 to find a relatively short line. There were maybe 40 people ahead of me. They didn't open the doors until 4:30. It was freezing and I had to pee (of course). But, the day before and the day after the taping we had big snowstorms, so I guess we got lucky. After getting in and approving my outfit - some got turned away because they were too casual - we sat in another room for about an hour and then were led up to the set.

Now, I signed a lengthy document that I can't talk about the show - not the format, outcomes, etc. So, I'll just include the most important things.

1) Madonna looked amazing! When the host announced her and she walked out, it was unreal. Her waist was so skinny, her ass looked so toned, and her face was beautiful. I've seen her twice now and each time it's like a dream come true.

2) The show was hilarious! The guests and couples were so witty and funny. I would definitely watch this show on TV.

3) The host, who I think may be gay, was uber cute.

Overall, it was great experience. Watching Madonna banter with the other guests (Larry David and Ricky Gervais. Oh yeah, and Jerry Seinfeld, the executive producer, was there) was so much. Being 25 feet away from my icon was such a cool feeling. I can't wait for it to air on TV.

UPDATE: Host isn't gay, according to Wikipedia. But, he's still cute and funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment