Monday, February 15, 2010

Millionaire Speed Dating: Before

I've never really been on a first date. I've always met someone in class or an organization or randomly and hung out and then that leads to a kiss and then it progresses. The whole idea of meeting someone for a formal dinner or movie with the intention of attempting to see if a relationship could form is a very foreign concept for me.

So, the idea of going on a series of short, mini-dates in one night sounds crazy. But, Soman emailed me about this millionaire speeding dating thing in Midtown West. I read all about it and was somewhat skeptical. But, I always find a million reasons not to do something. It's time to just do.

The one thing that is a little different about this speed dating is that it's divided into two groups. There is my group (35 and younger) and then there is the other group (35 and older and successful). You're instantly thinking about Anna Nicole and J. Howard Marshall. And at first so was I. But, I realized that I've always been more comfortable with older people. In high school, I would hang out with my teachers. In college, I would hang out in NSP and Admissions more than I would at BTs and Riley's (I actually never even went to Riley's). So, maybe this'll be a good fit. This isn't about money. As much as I joke about finding a guy to buy me fancy clothes and sparkly diamonds, I don't really mean it. I am an adult and I can take care of myself.

I'm not going in with an open mind and closed legs. I don't expect to meet anyone, but it'll be a fun experience, unless I get kidnapped and sold into slavery. You only live once and I'm tired of making excuses. I'll blog again afterwards to report.

No comments:

Post a Comment