Sunday, February 14, 2010

Str8

I went down to the East Village last night for a coworker's birthday party at a pretty cool bar. He was completely wasted by the time I got there around 10:00. He bought me a shot of Patron and a screwdriver. I thought that I'd loosen up and have a good time. His friends seemed really cool, but I was never able to really open up. I'm naturally reserved, especially when I'm around people I don't know. But, I think that night was different.

People started dancing and he wanted me to dance. But, it's awkward. I don't know if this guy is gay or not. So, I don't really know how to dance with him. Some girls want to dance and I'm like, "Um...what do I do." I know how to grind and have fun when dancing with a guy, but not a girl. I can't tell if the whole crowd was straight, but I just felt left out. I love dancing and having a good time. I really wanted to leave and head west to Chelsea and go clubbing. But, I wasn't dressed for it.

It's also awkward when everyone knows each other and then I'm the only person from Sinai at the bar. What I think I want (keyword is think) is a group of guys who I can go out with. I want friends who like going to gay clubs and dancing and having a good time. Going clubbing solo is depressing. I want environment that isn't completely filled with girls dancing like sluts and guys who want to get in their pants.

I had a decent time - it was fun to get out for the night. But, the combination of feeling like an outsider and spending $39 for 4 shots left me a little disappointed. I just can't wait for it to warm and crazy nights in Chelsea.

No comments:

Post a Comment