Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Millionaire Speed Dating: After

Wow! I have a habit of being reluctant to do something and then having a wonderful time doing it. Of course, tonight's speed dating turned out that way. Upon walking in, it was all kinda overwhelming. But I checked in and tried to be open and friendly. I mingled a little, a few hellos and smiles. After about 10 minutes (and one drink), things got started. I'll go through my dates below.

1) This guy made or sold protein powder. There was no attraction, but he was really nice and it was good way to break the ice.

2) This guy was really cute and we had a great conversation. He was from Pittsburg, so we obviously talked about the Steelers, Panthers, Penguins (all thanks to Spencer). I definitely was attracted and would go on a second date with him. We'll see.

3) They guy was nice. They give you a spot to make little reminder notes about date. I wrote "iPhone" for this guy because he told me that I just had to upgrade. I noticed he was looking away a lot. Um...pay attention.

4) This guy was funny and nice and kinda cute. We talked about Devil Wears Prada and our jobs. I told him that I could recite the movie and that I use my favorite quotes in real life. He asked my favorite quote was to see if we had the same one. I, of course, "No, no, that wasn't a question." Instantly, he started laughing because it was his favorite too.

5 - 8) I don't really remember these guys. I was on my second drink at this point. They were all very nice and the conversation was very pleasant. One gentlemen (#6, I think) was a little too old (like 65ish). It felt like a job interview rather than a date.

Afterwards, there was more mingle time where you could meet anyone (young or old). I met a few guys that I'd go to dinner with - I wrote their names down. Hugh, one of the people running the program, was talking to me and told me that I was popular. Of course, I was flattered and giddy.

Overall, I had a great time. I met some great guys that I'd hang out with and be friends with. I met one or two guys that I'd go on a second date with. No love at first sight (though the Pittsburg revelation was a "like whoa" moment). I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I think that it'd be good to hang out with my guys with similar interests and personalities like me.

This could be the first step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment