Sunday, May 2, 2010

Yesterday I...

Yesterday I...
...I met up with Jen Varley in Columbus Circle. We planned to go to The Boathouse for lunch. This was my second failed attempt to walk from the west side to the east side of Central Park. After about 20 minutes, we found a map and realized that we only actually ended up walking 20 blocks north and were nowhere close to the Boathouse. We ended up walking past Lincoln Center and Julliard's School of Design building to a Greek restaurant. We were able to get a table on the sidewalk. It was my time having Greek food and it was amazing and healthy! It's really cool to see who you stay friends with after college. Sometimes it's the people would wouldn't expect.

...I saw a little girl (about 10 or 11) try to decide what to order at Planet Smoothie. Her mother made a suggestion and she said no because it had too many calories. It's really sad that little kids have that adult pressure at such an early age.

...I walked past two gay men fighting over their dog. It was really embarrassing. They were screaming at each other and playing tug-of-war with the dog. The dog starting yelping and then people started to stare. I was like, "OMG, just keep walking." Why would you want someone in your life that makes you that mad? I would rather not be with a guy if he's gonna make me that angry, which, too me, is really ugly. A relationship should bring out the best, not the worst.

... I went to Victoria's Secret and then to see A Nightmare on Elm Street with Erin. She got a coupon for a free pair of underwear. She and I rummaged through for a sexy pair (this is what a gay BFF is for) only to find out the coupon was only for the simple, granny-panties in some bin. The movie was really good! I don't remember seeing the original, but I was familiar with the plot. A lot of people complain about all these remakes, but I think they add depth and psychology that was lacking in the originals. This movie showed the background of why Freddy was attacking these teenagers and it was sad and disturbing, but it was a well-developed plot. One thing that really stuck out was there was a man and a little girl (way too young to see this movie) sitting behind us. As the movie progressed and got scarier and scarier, Erin and I sunk deeper and deeper into our seats. We jumped and covered our eyes and even screamed a little (she did, not me - I swear). At one point, I had my foot on the chair in front of me and something scary happened and I ended kicking my leg way up the air. We didn't hear the girl behind us scream once.

...I enjoyed a perfectly New York spring, Saturday afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment