Friday, May 7, 2010

Little Mr. Obsessive

I've come to the conclusion that I have an obsessive personality. I can never do anything in moderation. If I try something new and like it, then I instantly want to do it all the time. When I went paintballing in Connecticut I decided that it would be my new hobby. I found a place in Queens and wanted to get a group together. Eventually, I kinda forgot about it, but for that split second I was hooked.

I've noticed that the way I listen to music is obsessive. I heard What is Love by Jennifer Lopez at the end of The Back-Up Plan. I instantly downloaded it and put it on repeat for about two days. Then I heard Can't Be Tamed by Miley Cyrus and that on repeat now. I heard the Glee version of Physical and that's also constantly being played on my iPod. I hear a song, love it, play it a million times, and then get sick of it. Then, eventually, I'll fall in love with it again (3 and Circus by Britney Spears has made its way back onto my gym playlist).

And the one thing I'm obsessed with the most is the gym. I tend to obsess about what I eat and how often and long I work out - that's normal. But recently, I took my monthly pic to track my progress and send it to a friend. He said that I was losing the V shape in my lower abs. This shouldn't have surprised me since I had been eating a little too much ice cream (and any is really unacceptable). Then Jimmy grabbed my side and was kinda surprised that there was skin / fat to grab. Now, to be logical, it does make sense. I take Creatine, NoXplode and whey protein to gain muscle and size. But, ever since, I've really watched what I eat and have been gyming it up hardcore. I've added a lot more cardio!

I can't tell if my obsessive personality is just a trait or a problem. I would say that it isn't really a problem...yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment