Sunday, May 30, 2010

First Date

Well, I had my first date with Antonio. And he turned out to not be a creepy, serial killer as one might expect of an internet-based date. So, the fact that I'm still alive is a major plus. But, to be honest, I feel better than just alive. The date was amazing!

It started with dinner at a very nice restaurant, Cafeteria, in Chelsea. We started with drinks (Cosmo for me, of course) and quickly fell into a very comfortable, interesting, funny conversation. There weren't any lulls or awkward silences. We have so much in common (music, movies, etc). Looking back, I may have talked too much. Oh well, the second drink made me just a little tipsy.

I started wondering what two people on a date do after dinner. I didn't want it to end, so I was happy when he suggested getting cupcakes from a bakery a few avenues over. Of course, I had run 2 miles and done hundreds of crunches earlier in the day, but I figured I could cheat just that one time.

We took dessert to High Line, which is this park in Chelsea / Hell's Kitchen that used to be an old railroad track. It's beautiful how they transformed the tracks and everything into a gorgeous park. We sat and enjoyed the view of the Hudson and talked.

After dessert we walked down the cobblestone streets. I was surprised to see such famous stores in the neighborhood (DVF and Alexander McQueen). We went back to his apt and watched our fave episodes of Sex and the City. Maybe there was a kiss or two. I don't kiss and tell - I'm a lady.

It was really sweet when he kissed me as the cab pulled up. It was a perfect evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment