Thursday, May 27, 2010

Divas and Dunes

Well, today was the big day! Today was the long-awaited return of Carrie, Charlotte, Miranda, and Charlotte! I am a huge Sex and the City fan! I believe that it's the most insightful, humorous and profound TV show ever. The series was flawless (aside from those two dumb episodes in Los Angeles) and the first movie was perfect. Naturally, there is only one way to go - down. I was not thrilled with the idea of my four girls going to the Middle East. I mean, the fifth main character in the show is New York City.

But, I am happy to say that it was PERFECT!! It didn't go down, it went up! The writing was still amazingly funny and poignant. The story, though less dramatic than the first film, was funny and appropriate. All four characters seem to be exactly where one would expect them to be two years after the first movie. Everything seemed to just fall back into place. The ending could not have been better. There won't be a third movie, so they really had to nail this ending. They did!

The best part of the whole movie is when they are getting ready to go for a camel ride. They go change and come out in their Abu Dabi attire - picked out by Abdul (like Paula). Ah, Samatha's gay servant was a riot. "Divas and Dunes" begins to play, which is a mix of the SATC theme with a little Middle Eastern flair. They strut out in slow motion. It's perfection personfied. It has an infectious vibe.

The best part of the whole experience was that after it ended, I was Carrie Bradshaw as I walked down the New York street. I went shopping for new clothes, got a smoothie and enjoyed the wonderful weather as I walked home.

But, back to the movie. I want to see it again and again! I could watch it forever! Congrats ladies! The movie can be summed up in one word - Fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment