Monday, October 4, 2010

All Natural

I hate to admit when I'm wrong. I'm rarely wrong, so I rarely have to it. But, this may be one time that I have to just come clean. I recently started taking Jack3d - a pre-workout supplement designed to increase energy and strength during exercising. Spencer and I decided to switch our supplements as our NoXplode seemed to be losing its kick. At the very least, my body had gotten used to the supplement so I wasn't getting the same effect.

At first, I loved the Jack3d! I remember working without my iPod and thinking, "I feeling amazing." I remember thinking this using my Lora accent. I felt like I could lift much more weight that I had before - and I did. But then I took it on Friday and I remember having the worst...stomach pain. We'll leave it at that. Try hanging out with your boyfriend when you feel like you're dying. On Saturday, I took the day off from the gym and I remember feeling fine. I went back to gym yesterday, took Jack3d before, and remember feeling so sick later that afternoon. I learned a very important lesson - no one uses the bathroom at Barnes and Noble unless they don't feel well.

I talked with Jimmy yesterday after we had both finished working out. He's a great guy! He wants to give me some new workouts so that I don't plateau and we're doing a group session next Saturday morning. He had mentioned that he isn't taking any supplements right now - no protein powder, no energy powder. That got me thinking. Maybe it'll be good to take about two weeks and just go natural. I haven't been taking protein (more so because I don't have the money) for the past two weeks. I think I'm going to take another two weeks off from protein and completely stop the Jack3d and see how my workouts go.

No comments:

Post a Comment