Friday, October 1, 2010

Working On My Fitness (Revisited)

In August 2009 I made the decision to get back to the gym. I wanted to be serious and committed, which were two things I wasn't in college. College was a mess when it came to fitness. I didn't really know what I was doing and my routines may have actually worked against the goals I had / have.

But from September 2009 to June 2010, I had an amazing trainer. Jimmy taught me what I needed to know, pushed me further than I thought I could go and made me nauseous on a regular basis (in a hurts-so-good kind of way). I'll be indebted to him for the life-changing experience he gave me.

After Spencer and I moved to 85th street I knew I would be able to afford training with Jimmy. So for the past three months I've been working out solo. I actually really enjoy it. I can put my iPod on and just have a great time. I like having my own schedules, routines, and playlists. But it's always good to still see Jimmy from time to time.

He asked me to take before and after pictures. The before picture was actually the after shot from the end of our first three months of training together. I finally took the after picture for him so he can add it to his portfolio. I was shocked at how good it turned out.

Let's see what I can accomplish in the next twelve months. My goal is to gain 12 pounds for a goal weight of 180.

No comments:

Post a Comment