Saturday, August 8, 2009

Like a Virgin

So last night was my second adventure with Soman - the term "date" doesn't really to fit. We met up with his friends (Emily, Serena, Nico and Memo). We went to Blossom, an organic vegan restaurant in Chelsea. I was such a typical Southwest Virginian when I checked out the menu at work. I turned up my nose and thought everything was going to suck and that I'd desperately need a cheeseburger afterwards.

But, I was really, really surprised. The meal was amazing! I got crispy Thai tofu with bok choy. I could eat it everyday (if it wasn't so expensive). The food, wine, conversation was really great. I know that I'm kinda shy and awkward, but tend to warm up after a while, so I hope they liked me. But then again, friends aren't something I really active look for, so hopefully they want to get together again.

After dinner, I planned on catching the train and being home by 11:30-ish. That didn't happen. We went to one gay bar (um...is there any other kind in Chelsea?). It was really intimidating. I was still dressed in my work clothes and I had my bag. And the guys were so gorgeous. With their perfect hair, clothes, bodies, tans - how can I compete? But, after a $7 screwdriver I began to open up and have fun.

Next we went to another gay bar and danced with Emily and Serena. I also think I told Emily that we should have babies so I could tell the people in my office that I found the right woman. By 1:00 am everyone was getting tired so we all went our separate ways. Soman went uptown, Memo went home, I'm not sure where Emily went, and Serena and I walked to the subway.

Of course I had to pee and couldn't find a bathroom anywhere. Story of my life. But, Serena had me run into a really nice restaurant and use their bathroom. I think the fact that I was professinally dressed helped. We got to the subway - she went to Brooklyn and I went to Penn Station. The train ride home was hellish because it was a local train and stopped at every station. There must have been a baseball game because the train was packed with people in Yankees' shirts. There was a dad and son sitting across from me so I couldn't stretch out and sleep. Eh, it was not a fun ride home.

But, at 3:00 am I finally made it home. My virgin experience in Chelsea was a lot of fun. I met some great people and had a good time. I'm not sure if any friendships will emerge, but I think I'd like to join the group. I guess time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment