Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Quirk

Okay, so most people have little quirks. Most people know that peeing in public restrooms in my quirk. I can't do it. My bladder could be practically bursting and I can't go. Let me clarify. It's not public restrooms, but rather public urinals when there are others around. I don't know where this little phobia came from, but it's quite clear that it's here to stay.

So, funny story. Well, it wasn't funny at the time, but I can look back and laugh. I was looking at an apartment the other day. It was wonderful! My and the one guy talked for an hour and a half. We really clicked (or at least I think we did - he hasn't called me back yet). He offered me a bottle of water, which I took since it was uber hot. Around 7:00 he had to pick up some furniture, so I left and was walking to another apartment I was looking at (this one sucked). I realized I had to pee and NYC doesn't have many public restrooms.

I found a gas stations and figured I'd buy something and go. Well, it was actually on an exterior door on the front of the station. I walk in and the room is tiny with three urinals two inches apart. Fuck! But, since I can literally feel myself developing a urinary tract infection from holding it, I try my best. There was no ventilation, so it sooooo hot. I'm sweating like crazy and trying to mentally will myself to pee. I managed a little bit (after what felt like hours). Eventually I got fed up and left. I was pretty much done, but still had to go.

So, I went to Taco Bell and bought a bottle of water just to use the bathroom. I'm not really sure the point of the story. But, when I told it to others they thought it was hilarious. I guess if you know me and know how neurotic I can be, you can picture me in this situation. Eh, everyone is quirky in some way.

2 comments:

  1. I can't stand obnoxious chewers. I guess that's really more of a pet peeve.. but it's something I can't tolerate. I either have to leave the room or practically chew my tongue to bits to keep from screaming..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hate that too. I went out to lunch with some people last week and they chewed with their mouths open. I was shocked! Um...this is Manhattan...come on.

    ReplyDelete