Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Sex in the City

Not be confused with the amazing TV show, Sex and the City.

I've learned that among the gay community, there seems to be a total lack of sexual standards. Of course, that is a generalization. But, the more I see, the less I like the scene.

I went to two gay bars with some people on Friday. We had a lot of fun, but there was "sex" everywhere. It seemed like everyone's goal was to find another person to have sex with. One of the guys in our group even left to go to some random guy's hotel room. The whole scene was so vapid and shallow.

Another example. I've been on Craigslist a lot lately. It's a great site to find roommates, especially in a city where it's almost impossible to afford a one-bedroom apartment solo. But, they also have personal ads. I've checked them out - all kinds. The women who are looking for men are usually looking for dates / boyfriends. The men who are looking for women are usually looking for casual dating. The men who are looking for me are looking for sex. And it's not just "sex," these posts are so explicit. They tell you exactly what they want and how they like it. And, of course, they always post pics of their dick.

The subject lines are the worst part. "Old bear looking for young, hung cub," "Discreet married man looking for twink bottom," "Black guy looking for golden shower". Has the culture really sunk this low? Do people have suck little self-respect that they do this? I can't fathom going over to a stranger's house and letting them use me. It seems that people are just reduced to things, to sex objects. I am not a thing.

Call me old-fashioned. If I'm gonna sleep with someone, it's gonna take a little more than a response to an email. You wanna get in my pants? Um...you're gonna have to work for it. And, if you only want me for what I've got behind my AE boxer briefs, then you're out of luck. What ever happened to love? Sure, I've slept with one person before I was in love with him, but the love quickly caught up.

How can people have such a graphic physical connection with someone without, at least, a somewhat strong emotional connection?

No comments:

Post a Comment